Diesel generator set is a kind of mechatronics equipment which converts the chemical energy of fuel into electric energy. With the increasing modernization, especially with the rapid development of the network and communication, the demand for the reliability of power supply is also increasing. Because the ups power supply has the problem of short power supply time, then the diesel generator has a broad development space. However, diesel generator sets not only provide convenience for people, but also directly affect people's health, work and life because of the noise of diesel generator set. With the gradual improvement of environmental requirements, how to solve and overcome the above problems has become the key to the application of diesel generator sets. Here, we mainly introduce the causes and solutions of the noise generated by diesel generator sets.
When the running speed of a generator set is at 1500rpm, it will produce a noise of 105dB at a distance of one meter from the genset. In order to avoid the noise coming out of the generator room, the genset noise solution should include the following links.
1. Initial sound absorption and sound insulation processing in generator room
2. Intake and exhaust systems and exhaust gas emission systems should be designed with silencing air tanks.
3. Sound insulation bandaging of exhaust pipes
It can not only reduce the heat emission into the generator room, but also reduce the working vibration of the generator set. As a result, it can successfully attenuate generator set noise.
Diesel generator set noise can be divided into three parts, including mechanical noise, combustion noise and aerodynamic noise.
The first part: mechanical noise is mainly caused by collision and friction of crankshaft, connecting rod, gear and other components.
The control of mechanical noise should be taken at the design stage. For example, reducing cylinder diameter, increasing stroke diameter ratio, reducing calibration speed and developing low noise diesel engine.
The second part: the combustion noise of direct injection combustion chamber is often the main sound source of diesel engine. The combustion noise can be effectively reduced by changing the advance angle of the nozzle.
The third part: aerodynamic noise is divided into exhaust, intake and fan noise, mainly exhaust noise. Sound level up to 115-128 dB at 0.5 m from exhaust port. The noise is most effectively treated by muffler. Mufflers can be combined with filters.
The following two methods are used to deal with the noise of diesel generating set, including using noise reduction in the diesel generator room or the purchase of mute genset and silent type generator set.
1. Control of mechanical noise: the top and surrounding walls of the generator room are covered with high absorption and sound insulation materials, which are mainly used to eliminate indoor reverberation and to reduce the sound energy density and reflection intensity in the generator room.
2. Air intake and exhaust noise reduction: the intake and exhaust air channels in the generator room are used as soundproof walls, and the silencers are set up in the inlet and exhaust air channels.
3. Smoke noise reduction: the smoke exhaust system installs two-stage silencers on the basis of the original one-stage silencers to ensure the effective control of the exhaust noise of the units. Exhaust pipe length more than 10 meters to increase the diameter of the exhaust motor to reduce the back pressure.