– Use high quality light diesel oil of temperature 0 or lower
– Using higher temperature fuel will clog the filter to reduce power
– Use higher temperature fuel to make engine starting difficult
– Drain the water from the fuel filter in the hot state after shutdown
– Replace filters regularly (250h)
– If the fuel used is dirty, the filter will be blocked in advance.
– Engine power will drop after the filter is clogged.
– Viscosity meets SAE 15W40
– Quality meets API CD or higher rating
– Change oil and filter regularly (250h)
– Must use CF4 or above oil on the plateau
– The combustion condition of the engine in the plateau deteriorates, the oil pollution is very fast, and the oil life below the CF4 level is less than 250h.
– Exceeding the life of the engine will result in the engine not being properly lubricated, the wear will be intensified, and early failure will occur.
Lubricants used in the plateau:
– Quality meets API CF4 or higher
– If you use CD low grade oil, the oil change period should be shortened by half. NTA855M350 oil comparison test (15W40/CD&CF4).
– Use water filters or add DCA dry powder as required to prevent corrosion, cavitation and scaling of the cooling system.
– Check the seal of the tank pressure cap and the leakage of the cooling system to ensure that the boiling point of the coolant does not decrease and the cooling system is normal.
– Use coolant containing ethylene glycol + water or a manufacturer-approved antifreeze for environmental conditions in cold areas.
– Regularly check the DCA concentration and freezing point in the coolant.
Engine daily inspection and maintenance
Lubricating oil surface and cooling fluid surface
Fuel, oil, coolant leakage
Belt slack and wear
The fan is damaged or not
The sound has no abnormal sound
Smoke color is abnormal
Oil pressure and cooling water temperature
Weekly inspection and maintenance
Check the intake resistance indicator or replace the air filter.
Drain the water and sediment in the fuel tank/fuel filter.
If the fuel used is dirty or the ambient temperature is low, more condensate is produced in the fuel tank and filter.
The deposited water should be discharged every day.
Engine inspection and maintenance every 250h
Change engine oil
Change the oil filter
Replace fuel filter
Change water filter
Check the coolant DCA concentration
Check the coolant freezing point (cool season)
Check or clean the water tank heat sink blocked by dust
Check and adjust the valve clearance
Check and adjust the injector lift
Adjusting the injector and the fuel pump
Check or replace the following parts:
– water pump
– fan hub
– air compressor
– cold start auxiliary heater
In some sections, when the altitude exceeds the design value, the load should be reduced, the black smoke should be improved, the temperature should be lowered, and the reliability should be ensured.
When starting Cummins engine in the cold season, the continuous starting time should not be too long (maximum 30s) to avoid damaging to the battery and starter.
Warming the battery during the cold season (up to 58°C), which is beneficial for charging and discharging.
Do not operate under heavy load immediately after starting the engine in the cold season to avoid damaging to the engine. Pay attention to the oil pressure and water temperature before the load can be increased.
Under heavy load conditions, it should be shut down after 2-3 minutes of running at idle load or idle speed, otherwise it will easily damage the supercharger and pull the piston.
Cummins Inc. is one of the manufacturers with the longest history in engine manufacture. It has been 96 years of history since the first engine was produced in 1919. Currently, it is the largest and independent global engine manufacturer with leading technology.
With the extensive product lines of diesel engines and natural gas engines in the industry and the displacement of products is from 2.8L-95L and covers the power range varying from 46-4200hp.
Cummins engines meet the increasingly stringent global vehicles emission standards (US EPA 2007/2010, Euro IV and Euro V), equipment emission standards of off-highway motor vehicles and International Maritime Organization (IMO) Standards of marine engines and hold the leading role all along in the fierce market competition.
500 distribution branches in over 190 countries and regions and more than 6500 distribution network provide service to customers.
Cummins engines have wide application in the fields of power, auto vehicle, construction machinery, marine craft, railcar and oil exploration etc.
The full product lines of Cummins entered into China, combining the localized production with the research & development, 16 plants produced engines, power generators, generator sets and parts & components etc. and also established sound sales & service network.
Chongqing Cummins signed Warranty Service Supporting Agreement for global products with CCI (Cummins China Investment Co.). For all products exported by CCEC, including engines exported with the equipment of OEMs, Cummins global service network shall provide warranty service supports.
The basic principles for oversea service of CCEC’s products: CCEC’s products enjoy all the service provided by Cummins global service system and the service shall be performed based on the territoriality. Namely, Cummins dealer/distributor of the engine located is responsible for the warranty service of the engine. And the oversea warranty service of CCEC’s products are in line with that of Cummins.
Note: Jiangsu Starlight Electricity Equipment Co.,Ltd is authorized as CCEC Cummins diesel generator OEM. We won the national sales championship of Cummins for 8 consecutive years, becoming Cummins largest OEM cooperative manufacturer in China. If you are interested in our Cummins power generator, please send an inquiry to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.