As the temperature continues to rise, the silent generator set will also heat up very quickly during use, and the temperature will also be higher. This is also a normal heat dissipation phenomenon in the use of silent generator sets. But sometimes, once the silent generator set fails, it will cause abnormal heating, which requires the user to carefully check and analyze. After all, the price of generators is not low, and it is not worthwhile if unnecessary losses are caused by failure to overhaul in time due to heating failures.
The fault-type overheating analysis of silent generator set is as follows:
(1) The silent generator set does not operate according to the specified technical conditions. If the stator voltage is too high, the iron loss will increase; the load current is too large, and the copper loss of the stator winding will increase; the frequency is too low, which will slow down the cooling fan speed and affect the silence. The generator set dissipates heat; the power factor is too low to increase the rotor excitation current and cause the rotor to heat up. Check whether the indication of the monitoring instrument is normal. If it is abnormal, necessary adjustments and treatments shall be carried out to make the silent generator set operate in accordance with the specified technical conditions.
(2) The air duct is blocked by dust and poor ventilation, which makes it difficult for the silent generator set to dissipate heat. The dust and grease in the air duct should be removed to make the air duct unobstructed.
(3) The inlet air temperature is too high or the inlet water temperature is too high, and the cooler is blocked. The temperature of the inlet air or inlet water should be lowered to clear the blockage in the cooler. Before the fault is eliminated, the generator load should be limited to reduce the temperature of the silent generator set.
(4) Bearing too much or too little grease should be added according to the regulations, usually 1/2 to 1/3 of the bearing chamber (the upper limit is taken for the low speed, and the lower limit for the high speed), and should not exceed 70% of the bearing chamber is appropriate.
(5) Bearing wear. If the wear is not serious, the bearing will locally overheat; if the wear is serious, it may cause friction between the stator and the rotor, causing the stator and rotor avoidance to overheat. The bearings should be checked for noise. If friction between the stator and the rotor is found, the machine should be shut down immediately for maintenance or bearing replacement.
(6) The edge of the stator core is damaged, causing a short circuit between the sheets, causing local eddy current loss of the core to increase and heating, which may damage the stator winding in severe cases. It should be shut down immediately for maintenance.
(7) The parallel wire of the stator winding is broken, which causes the current of other wires to increase and generate heat. It should be shut down immediately for maintenance.
(8) The three-phase load current of the quiet generator set is unbalanced, and the overloaded phase winding will overheat; if the difference between the three-phase current exceeds 10% of the rated current, it is a serious phase current imbalance, and the three-phase current imbalance will produce Negative sequence magnetic field, thereby increasing loss, causing heating of components such as magnetic windings and ferrules. The three-phase load should be adjusted to keep the current of each phase as balanced as possible.
As a professional diesel generator manufacturer, we always insist on using first-class talents to build a first-class enterprise, create first-class products, create first-class services, and strive to build a first-class domestic enterprise. If you would like to get more information welcome to contact us via email@example.com.