The most common application in diesel generator sets is the motor starting system. If the starter does not rotate according to the starting steps of the internal combustion engine, we need to check and judge the fault.
1. Check the battery terminal, starting circuit, DC motor brush part and electromagnetic switch and other components to see if there is smoke, abnormal heat and abnormal noise when starting the internal combustion engine. If there is a phenomenon, focus on checking the working condition of the component.
2. Check whether the start-up fuse is blown.
3. Check whether each joint part of the starting circuit is fastened, such as the battery terminal, the electromagnetic switch terminal and the start switch terminal.
4. Use the DC voltage range of the multimeter to check the voltage drop of the battery before starting the internal combustion engine and during the process of starting the internal combustion engine. If the voltage measured before starting is less than 12.5V, it means that the battery has insufficient power. If the measured voltage is greater than 12.5V, and the voltage at start-up drops below 1.5V, it means that the battery has insufficient power.
5. Check the starting circuit for faults. The inspection method is to use a medium screwdriver to short-circuit the electromagnetic terminal and the switch terminal of the electromagnetic switch. If the electromagnetic switch is closed after the short circuit and the starter is running normally, it means that the starting circuit other than the electromagnetic switch is faulty, such as poor contact of the start key switch or start button, and poor contact of the line connector. If the electromagnetic switch still does not close after the short circuit, it means that there may be an open circuit fault inside the electromagnetic switch or the starter.
6. Use a screwdriver to short-circuit the battery terminal and the magnetic field terminal. If the starter runs normally, it means that there is a fault inside the electromagnetic switch, the electromagnetic switch should be removed, and the movable contacts and two static contacts inside the electromagnetic switch should be checked for burning and damage, and whether the magnetic coil is burned. If the starter still does not run and no sparks appear during the short circuit, it means that there is an open circuit failure inside the starter. If sparks appear, it means that there is a short circuit inside the starter, and the starter should be removed and repaired.
When the starter of the diesel generator set does not turn, the user can check according to the above method. If there are other technical questions about the diesel generator set, please consult Jiangsu Starlight Electricity Equipments Co.,Ltd.
Founded in 1974, Jiangsu Starlight Electricity Equipments Co.,Ltd. is a professional manufacturer of generators and diesel generator sets. It is one of the earliest manufacturers of generators and diesel generator sets in China. The company has first-class inspection equipment, advanced production technology, professional manufacturing technology, to provide you with 3KW-2500KW various specifications of popular, automatic, four protection, automatic switching, low noise and mobile, etc., high quality, low energy consumption. The generator sets can meet all the power needs of customers, and can also meet the requirements of users with different voltages and frequencies, as well as multiple parallel-connected grid-connected power supply systems. For more details, please feel free to visit our website https://www.dieselgeneratortech.com/ or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.