In recent years, diesel generator sets have been used in more and more industries, and their safety protection work is also particularly important. Unit operators or maintenance personnel should carefully read and understand all safety precautions and warnings before performing regular maintenance or troubleshooting on diesel generator sets. Especially at the current high temperature weather in summer, try to keep the temperature of the diesel generator set not too high, and the general use environment temperature should not exceed 50 degrees. In this article, Jiangsu Starlight Electricity Equipments Co.,Ltd. will explain in detail the 10 safety precautions for the correct use or maintenance of diesel generator sets.
1. The crew operator should wear work clothes when operating the diesel generator, and do not enter the engine room in loose clothes.
2. A warning icon is affixed to the fuel tank of the diesel generator set to indicate the potential danger that may cause personal injury, but as long as the attention is paid and necessary measures are taken, the danger can be avoided.
3. Do not use iron chains to pry open the rotating parts of the diesel generator set, because such abnormal operations will cause serious personal injury or damage the engine blades.
4. Before removing or loosening any connections, fixings or related parts, release the air pressure and release the liquid system. Remember not to check by hand, because high-pressure fuel or gasoline is harmful to the human body.
5. Before carrying out any maintenance work, first disconnect a wire, if there is a pneumatic place, first disassemble the pneumatic place to prevent accidental starting. At the same time, a "stop" sign should be hung in the operation room or control room.
6. When the diesel generator set is working or the lubricating oil in the engine is in a hot state, the diesel engine should be cooled first, and then the water cap can be slowly loosened to relieve the pressure of the cooling system.
7. After the diesel generator set is started, the speed should be increased slowly. Under the premise that everything is normal, it can be operated at no-load to no-load speed. During no-load operation, focus on checking the pressure, whether there is abnormal noise, excitation current, three-phase voltage changes, etc., if there is any abnormality, stop and check immediately. After understanding the situation, start again. If everything is normal, you can start running. The operator of the diesel generator should closely monitor the change of the instrument on the control screen to see if it is within the permitted range, and make corresponding adjustments.
8. When the user is operating the diesel generator, the operator should keep a safe distance from the live equipment and wear protective equipment. Pay attention to the sequence of the switching operation. If the power is cut off, the branch switches should be disconnected first, then the main switch, and then the four-pole double-throwing knife switching should be carried out. When supplying power, the sequence is reversed. For general failures, first unload part of the load, then disconnect the main switch, and finally switch off the diesel engine. It is not allowed to disconnect the main switch without turning off the diesel engine. Routine inspection of the unit after shutdown and record (work log).
9. If an electric shock accident occurs, the power switch should be cut off quickly, or the power supply should be cut off or disconnected quickly with insulating appliances. Then he went to rescue and called a doctor to the scene. In the event of a flood in the power equipment, the relevant power supply should be cut off immediately, report to the local power supply station, and then put out the fire. Dry fire extinguishers, carbon dioxide fire extinguishers, etc. should be used for fire fighting of live equipment, and water is strictly prohibited.
10. For new generators or generators that have not been used for a long time, strict inspections must be carried out before being put into use, mainly to check the winding insulation conditions, line conditions, etc.. If there are inconsistencies, they must be dealt with.
The above 10 points hope that the majority of users should keep in mind that correct operation is not only to extend the service life of the unit, but also to protect the personal safety of the operators. Since 1992, Jiangsu Starlight Electricity Equipments Co.,Ltd. has been "the quality of the national internal combustion engine generator set. For those generator set manufacturers who have passed the inspection by the “Supervision and Inspection Center” to buy reliable diesel generator sets, they should turn to Jiangsu Starlight Electricity Equipments Co.,Ltd. Looking forward to your inquiry, please contact us with firstname.lastname@example.org