The working principle of the water pump of the generator set is to transfer the mechanical energy or other external energy of the prime mover to the liquid to increase its energy, so as to transport the liquid: water, oil, acid-base liquid, emulsion, suspended lotion and liquid metal. Liquid and gas mixtures. Liquid containing suspended solids. There are also many uses and structural forms of water pumps. Today, Dingbo Power has compiled a list of common failure modes and maintenance methods for water pumps in generator sets.
The inspection and repair of water pumps include the following six aspects:
1. Check the pump casing and impeller. The pump casing should not have serious cracks, and its crack length should not exceed 30mm, and it should not extend to the edge of the bearing seat hole. If the above conditions are met, brass alloy welding rods can be used for welding repair. Before welding repair, the pump casing should also be preheated to prevent deformation after welding. If the above conditions are not met, the pump casing should be replaced. Only one impeller is allowed to be damaged, and those with more than two damaged blades must also be replaced.
2. Check the fit between the water pump shaft and the impeller hole. The water pump shaft and impeller hole are in an interference fit. If the impeller and shaft fit loosely, repair should be carried out. The repair process generally involves increasing the size of the shaft by hanging tin. The specific technical requirement is that after the impeller is installed on the shaft, the end face of the impeller should be 0.1 * 0.5mm higher than the water pump shaft.
3. Check the condition of the water pump belt during operation. When the generator set (land type) is running, the water pump belt pulley should not have serious oscillation. If the above phenomenon exists, there may be two reasons: firstly, the bearing is loose, and secondly, the belt pulley, conical sleeve, and semicircle key are worn. The water pump shaft and bearing are worn, and the axial movement cannot exceed 0.30mm, and the radial movement cannot exceed 0.05mm. Otherwise, the bearing should be replaced with a new one. If the conical sleeve and half round key of the pulley are worn, they should be replaced.
4. Check the rubber wood ring seat inside the water pump housing. Check the rubber wood ring seat inside the water pump housing for any spots or scratches. If there are any, you can use a file to polish it or use a machine set to polish it.
5. Check the wear of the bearings. The radial clearance should not exceed 0.10mm, and the axial clearance should not exceed 0.30mm. Otherwise, the bearing should be replaced with a new one.
6. Check the water seal. If the rubber cushion is worn and grooved, the spring force is too soft, and the rubber sleeve is swollen and damaged, new parts should be replaced. If the rubber wood pad is not severely worn, it can be adjusted or ground flat before reuse.
Dingbo Power suggests that when the generator set has been operating for a total of 550 hours, in addition to conducting a first level technical maintenance project, it is also necessary to check the fuel injectors, fuel injection pumps, adjust valve clearances, and fuel injection advance angles. Check the sealing condition of the intake and exhaust valves. Check the leakage of the water pump. Check the sealing condition of the cylinder sleeve sealing ring. Check various radiators. Tighten the components of the diesel engine and generator. Clean the pipeline.
Dingbo Power was founded in 1974 and is one of the earliest manufacturers of generators and diesel generator sets in China. If you want get more information, please feel free to send email to email@example.com we will pay highly attention on your question.