Diesel generator sets are more efficient and cost-effective products. Although the cost of diesel is higher than that of gasoline, the energy density of diesel is higher. Higher energy density means that diesel can extract more energy than gasoline of the same volume, and it is heavier and more fuel-efficient than gasoline, and has a higher boiling point than water.
Diesel engines work by compression ignition, while gasoline engines work by spark ignition. In a diesel generator, air is drawn into the engine, producing a higher compression rate, which heats the engine. The temperature of the engine rises, which is much higher than the temperature reached by a gasoline engine. When the temperature and pressure reach the highest, the diesel fuel that enters the engine is burned due to the extreme temperature. At different stages, air and fuel are injected into the diesel generator, while in the gas generator, a mixture of air and gas is introduced. In diesel engines, fuel is injected through injectors, while carburetors are used in gasoline engines. In a gasoline generator, fuel and air are fed into the engine together and then compressed. Diesel engines only compress air, and the ratio is higher. The compression ratio of diesel engines is 14:1 to 25:1, while the compression ratio of gasoline is 8:1 to 12:1. The diesel generator can be two cycles or four cycles, and it is selected according to the operating mode. A water-cooled generator is much better because it runs quietly and its temperature is controllable.
Compared with gasoline generators, diesel generators are better and more efficient. The advantages are as follows:
1. Early models of diesel generators have higher noise and higher maintenance costs. However, compared to gasoline generators, modern diesel engines require less maintenance and are less noisy.
2. Diesel generators are more robust and reliable.
3. The fuel cost per kilowatt of a diesel engine is 30% to 50% lower than that of a gas engine.
4. There is no spark when the fuel ignites spontaneously. The absence of spark plugs or spark wires reduces maintenance costs.
5. A diesel engine equipped with a 1800rpm water-cooled engine runs for 12,000 to 30,000 hours before any major maintenance is required.
6. Gasoline burns hotter than diesel, so they have a shorter life span compared to diesel installations.
7. Wide applicability. The diesel generator is large in size, with a power range of 8-2000kw, suitable for large-scale public places or industrial places. Moreover, the power range of the gasoline generator is between 0.5-10kw, and the device itself is relatively small, which is more suitable for family use.
Jiangsu Starlight Electricity Equipments Co.,Ltd. is a manufacturer of professional generators, diesel generator sets, Cummins generator sets, Volvo generator sets, etc. The company has advanced testing equipment, excellent production technology, professional manufacturing technology, perfect quality management system, and Strong R&D technical strength. It can provide 15KW-2500KW various specifications of universal, automatic, four protection, automatic switching, low noise and mobile, etc., high-quality, low-energy generating sets to meet customer power needs, and can also meet users' different voltages and different frequencies, as well as the power supply system of multiple units connected in parallel, welcome customers to inquire. For more details, please contact us with email@example.com