Description and identification method of diesel generator control system.
An advanced electronic control system is installed on the generator set to control and monitor the machine. Different control systems are provided according to the needs of several different generators. They include the HGM6400 series, HGM6300 and the HGM6400 advanced automatic system. If special control system are installed for special needs, separate documents will be attached.
The diesel generator control panel provides on-off generator control to monitor its operation and output, or in emergencies such as low oil pressure or high temperature of the coolant will automatically shut down. Any series depends on the installation of generators to match the requirements. The output circuit switch of alternator is to automatically turn off the load when the circuit is suddenly overload or short circuit to protect the output.
2. Identification method
Any control system has a master controller, and the controller model is on the outer shell of the main controller.
Diesel generator control panel equipment: before starting the generator set, the operator is familiar with the instruments and control elements on the control panel. When the machine is in operation, the operator shall from time to time observe the instrument or the mater controller screen to detect abnormal readings and prevent problems.
If some additional devices, are on the control screen, the control screen may be slightly different from the typical drawing.
The following instructions will explain the role of each device on the control panel. Different models, perhaps only part of the device.
A) AC voltmeter the voltmeter displays the output AC voltage of the alternator.
B) The AC voltmeter selector provides the operator with the voltage between the selected phase and the phase or between the phase and the zero line, while the OFF position is used by the operator to adjust the zero while the machine is running.
C) The AC ammeter-ammeter shows the AC current being transmitted, which depends on the load. To measure the current in each phase, the ammeter can be used to select the switch. If the ammeter does not read during generator operation, the ammeter selector switch may be at the OFF bit.
D) AC ammeter selector switch. This switch can choose to measure the current in each phase, while the OFF position can be adjusted at zero position at boot time.
E) Frequency meter
The frequency meter is used to display the output frequency of the generator. The normal output frequency should be 50HZ or 60HZ (full load generator) when the diesel engine keeps a relatively stable speed under the control of the regulator). if only part of the load, the frequency may be slightly higher than normal, which is determined by the speed governor down. In fact, the frequency should be 52HZ or 62HZ without load, and the frequency should drop when the load is attached. When the load is full, it should be 50HZ and 60HZ.
F) Operation schedule-A table indicating how many hours a diesel generator is running.
G) Diesel engine water thermometer-a thermometer connected to a sensor in the engine to monitor the temperature of the engine coolant. The normal operating temperature should be close to 85 degrees celsius (185F), the working water temperature of different diesel engines should be different, and the working water temperature of different types of diesel engines should be based on the diesel engine usage manual.
H) Diesel fuel pressure meter-an instrument used to monitor the oil pressure of a generator, starting from the start of a diesel engine. The normal oil pressure is about 35-60 Pu/1/60HZ.
I) Indicator-when the light is on, the protection circuit is aware of the situation to be indicated, the red light and the green light indicates the output of the power supply.
J) The control switch has an emergency switch and a power switch.
3. Accessories and upgrades to control systems
A large number of different accessories can be fitted with control systems to meet some special requirements of the genset.
Floating charger: the charger is designed to maintain the voltage of the starting battery , even if it is not turned on for a long period of time. The charger ha a maximum charge current of 10 AMP and requires a continuous supply of 220V and 240V, usually without switching off the charger inadvertently. The diesel generator system automatically disconnects the charger when it starts, and the battery is charged by the diesel engine has been started. The charger is optional for the user.
With the rapid development of technology, modern generator sets are becoming more and more sophisticated, and their fault diagnosis is also more difficult. The reasons that cause the genset not working normally are different, and the degree of trouble is not the same. Here let us understand the diesel generator control system fault detection and repair methods.
Diesel engine starting failure (manual control panel only)
When the starting switch is in the SRART position, the diesel engine does not rotate.
1. Check the failure indicator light, if the controller screen has a fault display, troubleshooting the screen display after the boot; 2. Check the battery voltage on the control panel, such as no voltage reading, check fuse such as voltage reading, but the voltage is low, charge the battery with another charger, connect again.
Note: the power switch must be judged when the battery connection is removed and connected.
Diesel engine starting failure (suitable for automatic system)
When a START signal is input but cannot start a diesel engine, it will not start manually with the control switch or automatically with the remote control signal.
1. Check that all stop buttons are relaxed if there is no remote control stop, check to see if the terminal is connected (remote stop).
2. Check that the control switch is "OFF".
3. Check failure indicator light, if necessary, repair indication after failure reset.
4. Check the battery voltage on the control panel, if there is no voltage, check the fuse, if the voltage is low, test charge the battery with the charger to reconnect with the machine.
Note： when removing and connecting the battery line, the power switch must be judged.
5. Check that the electromagnet on the starting motor is connected to the connector and the battery negative electrode by the DC voltmeter, and manually start the START on the controller. If there is a voltage, the starting motor or the electromagnet must be replaced; if there is no voltage, the motor or the electromagnet must be replaced; if there is no voltage, Check if the connection of the control panel is loose or short-circuited.
6. Check the controller if the line is accessible
Diesel engine starting failure (applicable to all control screens)
Engine turning but not starting or engine starting after 20 seconds stop
l. Check fuel oil level
2. Check that the emergency stop button in the control box is reset
3. Check fuel control solenoid wiring for voltage
4. Check that fuel pipes and filters are blocked.
5. If there is white smoke in the exhaust system, the fuel has entered the engine, but the diesel engine does not land. Please refer to the Diesel engine Manual for further inspection of 6.
6. If the outside environment temperature is low.
7. Check if the oil pressure sensor is clogged
Battery voltage low alarm (automatic series)
Controller screen displays low battery voltage
1. Check whether the battery voltage is 12V or 24V;
2. When the generator is still, the battery voltage is low and the battery is removed and charged by the charger;
3. If the battery voltage is too low, but the power generation in operation, that is, the diesel engine drive charger does not charge, stop check fan belt;
4. If fan belt is not loose, check charge AC diesel power charger, refer to the "Diesel engine Manual" 5. If the battery cannot store electricity, change the battery.
Diesel engine high temperature alarm
High water temperature alarm
1. Check whether the diesel engine is overloaded;
2. Check radiator and ventilation system for blockage;
3. Check that the ambient temperature is within the working design temperature range of the generator platform;
4. If none of the above problems, reduce load and stop as soon as possible, check fan belt loose;
5. Refer to the engine Manual.
Low oil pressure alarm
Low oil pressure alarm
l. Stop as soon as possible to check the amount of oil.
2. Refer to the Diesel engine Manual.
3. Once the cause is found, troubleshooting press the reset button to indicate the reset
No voltage generated when generator is in operation (all control systems)
Voltage free on AC voltmeter
1. Check the voltmeter selector switch is not hit in the OFF bit;
2. Check fuse, usually installed in alternator terminal box (control box);
3. Use a separate voltmeter to measure the terminal voltage of the AC motor and, if normal, check the wiring of the generator to the control line. Check the voltmeter and replace it if necessary;
4. Check AVR and rotary diodes, check the AC Generator Manual for more detailed information;
5. Check engine speed is normal.
The generator can't be stopped manually (all control systems).
The generator is still running after shutdown
1. Check the position of the key switch and the control switch:
2. Check fuel control solenoid valve (FCS) if necessary, replace.