The engine oil of diesel generators, that is, lubricating oil, its darkening is a very obvious characteristic of engine oil deterioration. It is because the residue contained in the engine oil is too large, such as extremely small metal cutting particles, carbon deposits, etc. During the operation of the diesel engine, this kind of residue is transported to various friction surfaces and needs to be lubricated, which will cause serious wear and tear on the parts. In the diesel engine, the serious consequence is that the damage to its conventional size, structure and fit clearance will affect the service life of the diesel engine. Only by doing a good job of diesel management and using the oil correctly can the technical performance of diesel be brought into play.
1. Water seeps from the oil. In the case of wet cylinder liner perforation, cylinder liner water blocking ring damage, oil cooler damage, cylinder gasket damage, cylinder head damage, etc., the oil enters the oil, causing the oil to emulsify and deteriorate. This can be judged by observing whether the coolant consumption is abnormal, whether the oil is emulsified due to water and other phenomena. Lubricating oil contains water, which will accelerate the formation of sludge, and the oil is dirty and deteriorated (commonly known as aging). At this time, the antioxidant and dispersion properties of additives are weakened, which promotes the formation of foam, and the oil becomes an emulsion, destroying the oil film.
2. The diesel engine is overheated. The main causes of diesel engine overheating are insufficient coolant, excessive scale in the cooling system, interruption of coolant circulation caused by water pump failure, abnormal radiator, radiator cover and thermostat, loose or broken fan drive belt, long load and long time operation in high temperature season, the effect of carbon deposits in the combustion chamber and insufficient oil in the lubrication system, etc. Excessive temperature of diesel engine will increase the temperature of the engine oil, thereby accelerating the deterioration of the engine oil. When the internal combustion engine oil works under high temperature and high pressure, its anti-oxidation stability becomes worse, and it strengthens the thermal decomposition, oxidation and polymerization process. When the engine oil is in a high temperature state, the engine oil is not completely burned, water vapor condensation and dust entrained in the intake air are mixed, the engine oil deterioration speed will increase.
3.The ventilation hole of the crankcase is not very good, or it will cause air lock. When a diesel engine is running, part of the combustible gas and exhaust gas enter the crankcase through the gap between the piston ring and the cylinder wall. If the piston ring is severely damaged, this phenomenon will be more serious. After the fuel vapor in the crankcase is condensed, the engine oil is diluted. The acidic substances and vapor in the exhaust gas will corrode the components, and at the same time cause the engine oil to gradually dilute, age, and coking, making the engine oil performance worse. In addition, the gas entering the crankcase will increase the temperature and pressure in the case, causing oil to seep from the oil seal, lining, etc. Due to the reciprocating movement of the piston, the gas pressure in the crankcase periodically changes, which affects the normal operation of the nose, and in severe cases, the oil in the crankcase will go up to the combustion chamber and cylinder head. Therefore, the diesel engine is specially equipped with a breather tube (breathing tube) to keep the pressure inside and outside the crankcase in a balanced state, thereby prolonging the use time of the oil. If the crankcase ventilation holes are not smooth or air resistance occurs, it will accelerate the oxidation and deterioration of the engine oil.
4.Diesel using gasoline engine. The compression ratio of internal combustion engines is more than twice that of gasoline engines, and the main components are much more affected by high temperature and high pressure impacts than gasoline engines, so some parts are made of different materials. For example, the main bearing and connecting rod bearing of gasoline engine can be made of soft, corrosion-resistant babbitt alloy, while the bearing of diesel engine needs to be made of high-performance materials such as lead bronze and lead alloy, but these materials have poor corrosion resistance. Therefore, when refining diesel engine oil, more anti-corrosion agents should be added so that a protective film can be formed on the surface of the bearing during use to reduce the corrosion of the bearing and improve its wear resistance.
Because gasoline engine oil does not have anti-corrosion agent, if it is added to a diesel engine, it is easy to cause spots, pits, and even peeling. The oil will quickly become dirty and accelerate deterioration, which will cause the accident of burning bush and axle. In addition, the sulfur content of diesel is higher than that of gasoline. This kind of harmful substances will form sulfuric acid or sulfurous acid during the combustion process, which will flow into the oil pan together with high-temperature and high-pressure exhaust gas, which will accelerate the oxidation and deterioration of the engine oil. Some antioxidants are added during the oil refining process to make the oil alkaline. However, gasoline engine oil is not added with this additive. If it is used in a diesel engine, the corrosion of the above-mentioned acid gas will quickly make it invalid. For this reason, it should be noted that diesel engines cannot be refueled.
5. The diesel engine is not well maintained. When changing the oil, if the oil filter or oil cooler does not completely clean the lubrication system or the crankcase is not carefully cleaned, after adding new oil to the diesel engine, even if it is used for a short period of time (only a few hours), the oil will be removed again. The oil residue is heavily polluted, which accelerates the deterioration of the oil.
6. Improper use of engine oil grades. Due to the different technical conditions and performance requirements of different types of diesel engines when in use, the required oil grades are also different. If the engine oil used by the diesel engine does not meet the standard, the engine will not work normally and the engine oil will deteriorate and accelerate.
7. Mix with different brands of diesel engine oil. In addition to different viscosity grades, various lubricating oils have different chemical compositions, mainly due to the different types and quantities of additives that make up the engine oil. Generally speaking, the types and quality grades of lubricating oils are divided according to the types and quantities of their additives. Because different types of additives have different chemical properties, different types of engine oils cannot be mixed, otherwise it will cause additives in the oil. A chemical reaction occurs, causing the oil's performance to drop sharply and accelerating its deterioration.
Jiangsu Starlight Electricity Equipments Co.,Ltd. was founded in 1974, as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jiangsu Starlight Power Group, it is one of the earliest manufacturers of generator sets in China. Starlight Power has 64 sales services, long-term technical advice for users, free debugging, free maintenance, free training services. For more details, please contact us with firstname.lastname@example.org