Diesel engine is one of the most commonly used internal combustion engines and the power source of diesel generator set. It is a thermal engine that injects diesel into the cylinder and mixes it with high-pressure air to convert the heat released from combustion into mechanical energy. Now let's follow Jiangsu Starlight Electricity Equipments Co.,Ltd. to learn about diesel engines.
1. Classification of diesel engines.
(1) It can be divided into two stroke and four stroke diesel engines according to the working cycle.
(2) It can be divided into air-cooled and water-cooled diesel engines according to the cooling mode.
(3) According to the intake mode, it can be divided into naturally aspirated and turbocharged diesel engines.
(4) It can be divided into low speed (less than 350r/min), medium speed (350~100~1000t/min) and high speed (more than 1000r/min) diesel engines according to speed.
(5) According to the shape of combustion chamber, it can be divided into direct injection type, swirl chamber type and precombustion chamber type diesel engines.
(6) According to the action mode of gas pressure, it can be divided into single acting, double acting and opposed piston diesel engines.
(7) It can be divided into multi cylinder and single cylinder diesel engines according to the number of cylinders.
(8) It can be divided into automotive diesel engines, locomotive diesel engines, marine diesel engines, power generation diesel engines, engineering machinery diesel engines and agricultural diesel engines according to their uses.
2. Basic structure of diesel engine.
(1) Crank connecting rod mechanism and body components: Crank connecting rod mechanism is the main part that converts heat energy into mechanical energy. It includes crankcase, cylinder block, cylinder head, piston, piston pin, connecting rod, crankshaft, flywheel, etc.
(2) Fuel system: continuously supply fuel to combustion chamber to ensure continuous supply of diesel engine energy. It includes diesel tank, fuel transfer pump, fuel transfer circulating pipe, fuel filter, fuel injection pump, fuel injection nozzle and other parts.
(3) Valve distribution mechanism: the valve distribution mechanism ensures that the combustion chamber regularly inhales fresh air and discharges the waste gas after combustion. It is mainly composed of inlet valve, exhaust valve, camshaft and driving parts.
(4) Cooling system: The cooling system consists of water pump, radiator, thermostat, fan, water jacket and other components.
(5) Lubrication system: the lubrication system includes lubricating oil pump, lubricating oil filter, lubricating pipeline, etc.
(6) Starting system: diesel engine is generally started by electric motor. Depending on the use environment, there are also starting methods such as pneumatic motor and hydraulic motor.
Founded in 1974, Jiangsu Starlight Electricity Equipments Co.,Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jiangsu Starlight Power Group, is one of the earliest manufacturers of generating sets in China. Over the past 40 years, the company has won the recognition of users by relying on advanced testing equipment, modern production technology, professional manufacturing technology, perfect quality management system, strong R&D technology strength. For more details, please contact us with firstname.lastname@example.org.