The oil pump is one of the main components of the engine lubrication system. It can absorb the oil in the engine oil pan, and then generate pressure through the inner rotor and outer rotor of the oil pump, and finally transport the oil to the various moving parts of the engine through the engine lubricating oil channel for lubrication. If the oil pump fails, it will lead to poor engine lubrication, abnormal engine noise, piston pull cylinder and other failures. The oil pump works under high load, and it is also one of the parts of the engine that often fails. Therefore, it is very important to understand the maintenance of the oil pump. The following is a detailed description of the maintenance method of the oil pump:
1. Remove the bolts on the oil pump housing, and then separate the oil pump housing from the oil pump cover.
2. Check the radial clearance between the inner rotor and the outer rotor of the oil pump. If the radial clearance between the inner rotor and the outer rotor exceeds the service limit, replace the oil pump.
3. Check the axial clearance between the oil pump housing and the rotor. If the axial clearance between the oil pump housing and the rotor exceeds the service limit, replace the oil pump.
4. Check the radial clearance between the oil pump housing and the outer rotor. If the radial clearance between the oil pump housing and the outer rotor exceeds the service limit, replace the oil pump.
5. Check the two inner and outer rotors and the oil pump housing for scratches or other damage. If damaged, the damaged parts must be replaced.
6. Install the oil pump cover, and then check whether the oil pump rotates freely. If it is normal, install the oil pump drive belt.
Maintenance steps of the oil pump: The main damage of the oil pump is the leakage caused by the wear of the parts, which reduces the pump oil pressure and the pump oil volume. The increase of the end face clearance, tooth top clearance, gear meshing clearance, shaft and bearing clearance of the oil pump, and adjustment of the sealing performance and pressure limiting valve of the oil pump will affect the pump oil volume and pump oil pressure. When the oil pump is working, the lubrication condition is good, the wear speed of the parts is slow, and the service life is long, so it can be determined whether it needs to be dismantled and repaired according to its working performance.
1. Use a ruler and a thickness gauge to check the distance from the gear section to the pump cover section, that is, check the section clearance, generally 0.05-0.15mm.
2. Use a ruler and a thickness gauge to check the flatness of the end face of the pump cover. If the flatness error is greater than 0.05mm, it should be ground.
3. Use the thickness gauge to check the gap between the tooth top and the pump body, the gap value is generally 0.05-0.15mm.
4. Use a thickness gauge to measure the meshing clearance of the gear, and at the same time measure at three points adjacent to 120°, the clearance value is generally 0.05-0.20mm, and the difference between the three-point backlash should not exceed 0.1 mm.
The above are the maintenance steps and functions of the diesel generator oil pump shared by Jiangsu Starlight Electricity Equipments Co.,Ltd., and I hope it will be helpful to you.
Jiangsu Starlight Electricity Equipments Co.,Ltd. is one of the earliest manufacturers of generators and diesel generator sets in China. The company was established in 1974 and the company occupies an area. With an area of 86,000 square meters and a building area of 45,000 square meters, it has 64 sales and service departments across the country to provide users with one-stop service of design, supply, debugging and maintenance at any time. Welcome customers to come to consult and visit. Looking forward to your inquiry, please send email to us for details firstname.lastname@example.org.