Change the oil and oil filter.
Warning: Pay attention to safety when changing engine oil and engine oil filter. Contact with hot engine oil and diesel generator surface may cause skin burns.
(1) Stop the diesel generator when the coolant temperature reaches 60 ° C, remove the drain plug, discard the gasket and drain the engine oil.
Note: Do not drain the engine oil when the diesel generator is cold. Because in the cold state, the impurities suspended in the engine oil have been deposited at the bottom of the oil pan and adhered to the internal surface of the oil pan, which cannot be discharged with the engine oil. When the engine oil is warm, the impurity particles are suspended in the engine oil. At this time, the engine oil is drained, and the impurity particles are easily discharged.
(2) Clean the mounting surface of the drain plug, use a new gasket, install the drain plug and tighten it to 200 ± 20N · m.
(3) Clean the outer surface of the oil filter, remove the oil filter with a tool and discard it. This diesel engine has 3 oil filters, which must be replaced at the same time.
(4) Clean the sealing surface of the filter base, and no old O-ring remains.
(5) Before installing a new engine oil filter, clean engine oil shall be injected into the 8 small holes on the side of the filter, and the inner cavity shall be filled with clean engine oil. The oil level shall be 3~15mm from the lower end of the threaded hole. Apply a thin layer of Vaseline or clean engine oil on the sealing surface of the O-ring seal to form a lubricating film.
NOTE: Do not inject oil from the center hole of the filter.
(6) Turn the filter by hand until the sealing ring contacts the mounting surface of the filter base, and then tighten it by 45 ± 5N with a tool ▪ M or 3/4 turns to 1 turn.
(7) Open the oil filler cap and inject clean engine oil into the diesel engine until it is close to the mark on the oil dipstick (high oil level mark). The oil capacity of the oil pan is 75L.
(8) Start the diesel engine and run it at idle speed. Check the oil filter and drain plug for oil leakage.
(9) Stop the engine, wait for about 15 minutes to allow the oil to flow back to the oil pan, and then check the oil level. If necessary, add to the upper scribed line FULL near the dipstick.
(10) Install the filler cap and tighten it.
Replace the fuel filter
Note: Do not replace the fuel filter element when the diesel engine is running.
(2) Clean the outer surface of the fuel filter element, remove the fuel filter with a tool and discard it.
(3) Clean the area around the fuel filter base and the sealing surface of the filter base, and there shall be no old O-ring left.
(4) Before installing a new fuel filter, clean fuel shall be injected into 8 holes around the filter, and the inner chamber of the filter shall be filled with clean fuel. The oil level shall be 3~15mm from the lower end of the threaded hole. Apply a thin layer of Vaseline or clean engine oil on the sealing surface of the O-ring seal to form a lubricating film.
NOTE: Do not inject fuel from the hole in the center of the filter.
(5) Turn the filter by hand until the sealing ring contacts the filter mounting surface, and then tighten it by 45 ± 5N · m or 3/4 turns to 1 turn with a tool.
Jiangsu Starlight Electricity Equipments Co.,Ltd. is a manufacturer of professional generators, diesel generator sets, Cummins generator sets, Volvo generator sets, etc. The company has advanced testing equipment, excellent production technology, professional manufacturing technology, perfect quality management system, and Strong R&D technical strength. It can provide 15KW-2500KW various specifications of universal, automatic, four protection, automatic switching, low noise and mobile, etc., high-quality, low-energy generating sets to meet customer power needs, and can also meet users' different voltages and different frequencies, as well as the power supply system of multiple units connected in parallel, welcome customers to inquire. For more details, please contact us with firstname.lastname@example.org.