The intercooler is essentially a heat exchanger, which is often installed between the turbocharger and the combustion chamber. At present, it is generally installed in medium and high supercharged engines. The intercooler is used to cool the supercharged air and reduce the intake air temperature after supercharging. The temperature drop of charge air in the intercooler is generally 25~60 ℃. On the one hand, it can improve the inflation density, on the other hand, it can also reduce the cylinder temperature at the end of intake and the average temperature of the whole cycle.
The pollution of water to intercooler will adversely affect the performance of diesel generator. Pollution on the air flow side will reduce the intake pressure and density. Whether the air side or the coolant side is polluted, the cooling capacity of the cooler will be reduced, so that the charging temperature will increase and the density will decrease. The above adverse effects will reduce the power performance of the diesel generator and emit black smoke. At this time, the intercooler should be cleaned. Cummins generator set intercooler generally uses steam to clean the shell, uses solvent that is not harmful to brass to clean the cooler core, and uses compressed air to blow dry. Pay attention to the assembly details after cleaning.
1. Place the intercooler body on the workbench at the same position as that on the engine.
2. Place the gasket on the intercooler body, coat the new O-ring with clean engine oil, install it on the water inlet and outlet joints of the intercooler core, and install the intercooler core into the body.
3. Install the water inlet connector and new gasket into the water inlet of the intercooler core without damaging the O-ring. Secure the connector to the body with the tightening screws.
4. Install the gasket onto the mounting flange of the intercooler core. Make sure the gasket, intercooler and screw holes on the body are aligned. Install the cover, but do not tighten it to the specified torque in the future.
5. Install the water outlet connector and new gasket on the cover, install the screws and copper gaskets, and tighten the screws by hand.
(Note: Be sure to install the O-ring to the correct position and keep it intact.)
6. Screw on the connecting screws of intercooler cover, intercooler core and intercooler body, and do not tighten them to the specified torque at this time.
7. Screw on the connecting screws between the water inlet connector and the intercooler body and tighten them to 37~43N · m.
8. Tighten the connecting screw between the intercooler cover and the intercooler body to 34N · m. Tighten the middle screw first, and then tighten one screw from the middle to each side of both ends, alternately.
9. Tighten the screw of water outlet connector to 21~27N · m.
The above is the introduction to the correct assembly steps after the maintenance and cleaning of Cummins diesel generator intercooler. If you still have something you don't understand, please call Jiangsu Starlight Electricity Equipments Co.,Ltd. to learn more, and we will arrange professionals to explain it to you.
Jiangsu Starlight Electricity Equipments Co.,Ltd. is a professional manufacturer of generators, diesel generator sets, Shangchai generator sets, Volvo generator sets, etc. It has 64 sales and service departments, and provides users with one-stop service of design, supply, debugging and maintenance at any time. Welcome the majority of users call for consultation. For more details, please contact us with firstname.lastname@example.org.