During the operation of diesel generator sets, sometimes the power is insufficient. At this time, we must quickly find out the reason for the lack of power, and then prescribe the right medicine and take corresponding measures. Starlight summarized several reasons for insufficient power of diesel generator sets to help you quickly troubleshoot the source of the fault.
The unclean air filter will increase the resistance, reduce the air flow, and decrease the inflation efficiency, resulting in insufficient engine power. The diesel air filter element should be cleaned or dust on the paper filter element should be cleaned as required, and the filter element should be replaced if necessary.
2. The exhaust pipe is blocked
Blocked exhaust pipes will cause poor exhaust and reduce fuel efficiency. Power drops. It should be checked whether the exhaust duct resistance increases due to too much carbon deposit in the exhaust pipe. Generally, the exhaust back pressure should not exceed 3.3kPa, and the carbon deposits in the exhaust pipe should be often removed.
3. The fuel supply advance angle is too large or too small
Too large or too small fuel supply advance angle will cause the fuel pump to inject too early or too late (too early fuel injection will result in insufficient fuel combustion, too late will emit white smoke, and fuel will not burn sufficiently). The process is not at its best. At this time, check whether the screw of the fuel injection drive shaft adapter is loose. If it is loose, you should re-adjust the fuel supply advance angle as required and tighten the screw.
4. Piston and cylinder liner are strained
The piston and the cylinder liner are severely strained or worn, and the friction loss of the piston ring is increased, which causes the engine's own mechanical loss to increase, the compression ratio decreases, the ignition is difficult or the combustion is insufficient, the lower inflation increases, and the leakage The anger is serious. At this time, the cylinder liner, piston and piston ring should be replaced.
5. The fuel system is faulty
(1) Air enters or is blocked in the fuel filter or pipeline, causing the oil circuit to be blocked, insufficient power, and even difficult to catch fire. The air entering the pipeline should be removed, the diesel filter element should be cleaned, and replaced if necessary.
(2) The damage of the fuel injection coupler causes oil leakage, seizure or poor atomization, which can easily lead to lack of cylinders and insufficient engine power. It should be cleaned, ground or replaced in time.
(3) Insufficient fuel supply of the fuel injection pump can also result in insufficient power. Check, repair or replace the matching parts in time, and readjust the fuel supply of the fuel injection pump.
6. The cooling and lubrication system is faulty
The overheating of the diesel engine is caused by the failure of the cooling or lubrication system. In this case, the water temperature and the oil temperature will be too high, and it is easy to pull the cylinder or jam the piston ring. When the exhaust temperature of the diesel engine increases, the cooler and radiator should be checked to remove the scale.
7. The cylinder head group is faulty
(1) Insufficient intake air or exhaust gas mixed in the intake air due to exhaust gas leakage, which in turn leads to insufficient fuel combustion and reduced power. The mating surface of the valve and the valve seat should be ground to improve its sealing performance, and replace it if necessary.
(2) Air leakage at the joint surface of the cylinder head and the engine body will cause the air in the cylinder body to enter the water channel or oil channel, causing the coolant to enter the engine body. If it is not found in time, it will cause "slip tiles" or black smoke, which will cause the engine Lack of motivation. Due to the damage of the cylinder head gasket, an air flow will rush out from the head gasket during shifting, and water bubbles will appear at the gasket when the engine is running. At this time, tighten the cylinder head nut or replace the cylinder head gasket according to the specified torque.
(3) Incorrect valve clearance will cause air leakage, resulting in decreased engine power, and even difficulty in catching fire. The valve clearance should be re-adjusted.
(4) Damage to the valve spring will cause difficulty in valve return, valve leakage, and reduced gas compression ratio, resulting in insufficient engine power. The damaged valve spring should be replaced in time.
(5) Air leakage in the injector mounting hole or damage to the copper pad will cause cylinder shortage and insufficient engine power. Should be removed for maintenance, and replaced damaged parts. If the inlet water temperature is too low, the heat loss will increase. At this time, the inlet temperature should be adjusted to meet the specified value.
8. The surface of connecting rod bearing bush and crankshaft connecting rod journal are scratched
This kind of situation will be accompanied by abnormal sound and oil pressure drop. This is caused by blocked oil passages, damaged oil pump, blocked oil filter, or low oil hydraulic pressure or even no oil. At this time, you can remove the side cover of the diesel engine, check the side gap of the big end of the connecting rod, and see if the big end of the connecting rod can move back and forth. If it can't move, it means that the hair has been bitten, and the connecting rod bearing should be repaired or replaced.
At this time, for supercharged diesel engines, in addition to the above-mentioned reasons, the power of the diesel engine will be reduced. If the bearing of the turbocharger is worn, the compressor and the intake pipe of the turbine are blocked or leaked by dirt, the power of the diesel engine can also be reduced. When the above situation occurs in the turbocharger, the bearings should be repaired or replaced separately, the intake pipe and the casing should be cleaned, the impeller should be cleaned, and the joint nut and clamp should be tightened.
The above are all the reasons for the insufficient power of the diesel generator set and the treatment method. I believe that through today’s study, in the future, when encountering the problem of insufficient power of the diesel generator set, effective solutions can be accurately and timely taken to reduce the impact of the failure to lowest.
Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to get more information.