The temperature of Volvo generator sets has strict standards. If the temperature is too high or too low, it can cause damage to the unit, and in severe cases, it can lead to accidents. There are many reasons for the overheating of Volvo generator sets during operation. Below, Dingbo Power Generation Equipment will briefly introduce to you:
(1) The Volvo generator set did not operate according to the specified technical conditions, such as excessive stator voltage and increased iron loss. Excessive load current leads to increased copper loss in the stator winding. If the frequency is too low, it will slow down the cooling fan speed and affect the heat dissipation of Volvo generator sets. The power factor is too low, which increases the excitation current of the rotor and causes the rotor to heat up. The indication of the monitoring instrument should be checked for normal operation. If it is abnormal, necessary adjustments and treatments should be made to ensure that the Volvo generator set operates according to the specified technical conditions.
(2) The three-phase load current of the Volvo generator set is unbalanced, and the overloaded one phase winding will overheat. If the difference in three-phase current exceeds 10% of the rated current, it is considered a serious three-phase current imbalance. Unbalanced three-phase current will generate a negative sequence magnetic field, which increases losses and causes heating of components such as magnetic pole windings and sleeves. The three-phase load should be adjusted to ensure that the currents of each phase are as balanced as possible.
(3) The air duct is blocked by dust accumulation and poor ventilation, causing difficulty in heat dissipation for Volvo generator sets. Dust and oil stains should be removed from the air duct to make it unobstructed.
(4) If the inlet air temperature is too high or the inlet water temperature is too high, the cooler may be blocked. The inlet air or inlet water temperature should be reduced to remove any blockages in the cooler. Before troubleshooting, the load of the Volvo generator set should be limited to reduce the temperature of the Volvo generator set.
(5) If there is too much or too little lubricating grease added to the bearing, lubricating grease should be added according to regulations, usually 1/2 to 1/3 of the bearing chamber (upper limit for low speed and lower limit for high speed), and it is advisable to not exceed 70% of the bearing chamber.
(6) Bearing wear. If the wear is not severe, causing local overheating of the bearing. If the wear is severe, it may cause friction between the stator and rotor, causing overheating of the stator and rotor parts. The bearings should be checked for noise. If friction is found between the stator and rotor, the machine should be immediately shut down for maintenance or replacement of the bearings.
It should be noted that sometimes the temperature is too high, and the heat dissipation temperature of the Volvo generator set will also increase. Although there is no heating fault at this time, timely cooling measures need to be taken.
Dingbo Power was founded in 1974 and is one of the earliest manufacturers of generators and diesel generator sets in China. If you want get more information, please feel free to send email to firstname.lastname@example.org we will pay highly attention on your question.