The installation of the electrical system of diesel generator sets needs to consider factors such as the cable laying method, the selection of cable laying path, and the general requirements for cable laying. This article shares the installation methods for the electrical system of diesel generator sets with Dingbo Power Equipment.
1. Cable laying method for diesel generator set
There are several ways to lay cables, including direct burial, using cable trenches, and laying along walls.
2. Selection of cable laying path for diesel generator sets
When selecting the cable laying path for the generator set, users should consider the following principles:
(1) The shortest power path with the least number of turns;
(2) Minimize damage to cables due to mechanical, chemical, and ground current factors as much as possible;
(3) Good heat dissipation conditions;
(4) Try to avoid crossing with other pipelines;
(5) Areas that require excavation in the plan should be avoided.
3. General requirements for cable laying of diesel generator sets
When laying cables, users must comply with the planning and design requirements of relevant technical regulations.
(1) If the laying conditions permit, a margin of 1.5% to 2% can be considered for the length of the cable as a backup for maintenance. Directly buried cables should be buried in a wavy shape.
(2) For cables entering or exiting buildings or structures, where cables pass through floors and main walls, where cables are led out from cable trenches to poles, or where cables are laid along walls at a height of 2m above ground and a depth of 0.25m underground. The cable should be protected by steel pipes, and the inner diameter of the steel pipe should not be less than twice the outer diameter of the cable.
(3) When cables are buried together with different pipelines, it is not allowed to lay cables in the trenches where gas pipelines, natural gas pipelines, and liquid fuel pipelines are laid; A few cables are allowed to be laid in open trenches or tunnels of water pipes or ventilation ducts, or intersect with these trenches. Generally, cables should not be laid in open trenches or tunnels of thermal pipelines; In special circumstances, if the cable is not overheated, a small number of cables can be allowed to be laid under the heating pipeline.
(4) The buried depth of directly buried cables shall not be less than 0.7m, and their trenches shall not be less than 0.6m from the building foundation.
(5) The structure of the cable trench should consider the issues of fire prevention and waterproofing.
(6) The metal sheath, metal cable head, protective steel pipe, and metal bracket of the cable should be reliably grounded.
Dingbo Power reminds users that for convenience and safety reasons, it is recommended that users lay the cables in cable trays and undergo anti penetration and anti leakage treatment when connecting the generator set to ATS, parallel cabinet, and distribution room. The electrical connections must be reliable in contact to prevent loosening, twisting, and insulation damage caused by vibration.
Dingbo Power was founded in 1974 and is one of the earliest manufacturers of generators and diesel generator sets in China. If you want get more information, please feel free to send email to email@example.com we will pay highly attention on your question.