Jiangsu Starlight Power Guide: What are the effects of extreme high temperature environment on diesel generator sets? The so-called extreme high temperature environment means that the ambient temperature exceeds 40 ℃. In the high temperature environment, the air density is reduced, the inflation coefreduced, the combustion efficiency is reduced, and the power, economy and ficient is low, the amount of oxygen in the diesel engine combustion is reliability of the diesel engine will be reduced. At the same time, the temperature difference of the engine cooling system is small, the heat dissipation capacity is poor, the cooling effect drops, the engine is easy to overheat, the high temperature makes the viscosity of the lubricating oil drop, and the lubrication effect becomes worse, which will seriously affect the normal operation of the unit. High water temperature and high oil temperature may lead to cylinder scuffing, or even damage the engine.
1. The engine is not burning properly. When the air temperature is high, the temperature of the fuel increases, the temperature of the mixture entering the cylinder is also high, the temperature of the engine throughout the working cycle increases, and the heat dissipation efficiency of the radiator in the high-temperature environment is low, which makes the engine overheated. In addition, overheated engines are prone to early combustion of combustible gas mixtures. This abnormal combustion further aggravates the overheating phenomenon of engines. At the same time, the high temperature fuel return makes the fuel temperature in the fuel tank rise continuously, the fuel temperature in the intake cylinder rises again, further heating the intake air temperature, forming a vicious cycle.
2. Engine inflation efficiency decreases. Inflation efficiency is an important index to measure engine performance and intake process. The higher the air temperature is, the smaller the air density is, and the actual intake volume of the engine decreases, resulting in a decrease in engine power. In some units with acoustic enclosures, the ventilation conditions are worse. Because the engine is overheated, the temperature in the engine housing is higher, and the reduction of actual intake air volume caused by the engine's intake of high-temperature air has a more obvious impact on the output of the unit.
3. Accelerate the wear of moving parts. The engine lubricating oil works under high temperature and pressure, which makes the anti-oxidation stability of the lubricating oil worse and causes the lubricating oil to deteriorate. In addition, due to the high temperature of the lubricating oil, the viscosity decreases, making the lubricating oil thinner, the oil property worse, and the lubricating oil pressure decreases, affecting the lubrication effect and accelerating the wear of moving parts. At the same time, due to the large thermal expansion of metal parts at high temperature, the normal fit clearance between parts becomes smaller, which will accelerate the wear of parts and seriously affect the service life of the engine.
4. The starting battery is easily damaged. With high temperature, the electrochemical reaction of the battery is accelerated, the electrolyte evaporates quickly, the electrode plate is easy to be damaged, and overcharge is easy to occur, which seriously affects the service life of the battery.
1. The generator is aging rapidly. The high temperature environment makes the generator winding temperature rise, and the cooling effect is poor. If the winding temperature rise exceeds the rated allowable temperature rise, the winding insulation will be damaged, and the aging of the generator will be accelerated.
Starlight Power was founded in 1974 and is one of the earliest manufacturers of generators and diesel generator sets in China. If you want get more information, please feel free to send email to firstname.lastname@example.org we will pay highly attention on your question.