Sometimes we encounter such a problem, that is, when the silent generator set is started, if the starting system is not malfunctioning, if the transmission is placed in the neutral position and the start switch is pressed, the silent generator set makes a sound and the crankshaft cannot rotate. It is a mechanical failure. The reasons that cause the crankshaft of the silent generator set to not rotate, and the diagnosis and repair methods are as follows.
(1) Poor contact between the silent generator set and the flywheel teeth. The ring gear and the gears of the silent generator set collide when starting the engine, causing damage to the teeth or damage to one side of the teeth. If more than three consecutive teeth are damaged or severely worn, it will be difficult for the starter gear and ring gear teeth to bite.
(2) Sticky cylinder. The silent generator set stops when the engine temperature is too high, and the heat is difficult to release. The piston ring and the cylinder under high temperature stick to each other and cannot start normally after cooling.
(3) The crankshaft locks up. Due to the failure of the lubrication system or lack of oil, dry friction of the sliding bearing caused the crankshaft to lock up and unable to start.
(4) The plunger of the fuel injection pump is stuck.
2. Diagnosis and repair methods
(1) If the flywheel has more than three consecutive teeth damaged and it is exactly opposite to the starter teeth, it will cause the two gears to fail to bite. In this state, you only need to use a crowbar to rotate the flywheel to an angle, and then press the start button to start smoothly. For damaged flywheel teeth, electric welding can generally be used to repair.
(2) When the ring gear is loose, it can be confirmed from the starter installation port of the flywheel housing. If the ring gear is loose, it must be replaced with a new one. During installation, the ring gear should be heated in a heating box first, and then pressed on the flywheel by the principle of thermal expansion and contraction, and then it can be fastened to the flywheel after cooling.
(3) When the unilateral wear of the teeth of the ring gear is severe, the ring gear can be pressed down, the front and rear ends are turned over, and then installed on the flywheel for use.
(4) After checking that the gears are normal and the flywheel does not rotate when starting, it should be regarded as a fault in the silent generator set, such as locked crankshaft, sticking of piston to cylinder, clutch jam, etc., which should be further observed. Check whether the clutch is damaged and stuck first, and then check whether the plunger of the fuel injection pump is stuck and whether there is foreign matter inside the engine.
The above content is the reason why the crankshaft can't rotate when the quiet generator set is started, and the diagnosis and repair methods, for your reference. As a professional diesel generator manufacturer, we always insist on using first-class talents to build a first-class enterprise, create first-class products, create first-class services, and strive to build a first-class domestic enterprise. If you would like to get more information welcome to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.