The diesel engine is the power part of the generator set. It is a type of internal combustion engine. It is an energy conversion device that converts the heat energy released by fuel combustion into mechanical energy. It is generally composed of crankshaft connecting rod mechanism and body components, valve distribution mechanism and intake and exhaust system, diesel supply system, lubrication system, cooling system and electrical system. The overall structure generally includes the above systems, but due to the differences in the number of cylinders, the arrangement of cylinders and the cooling mode, the structures of various models are slightly different. The diesel engine is the most important part of the generator set and also determines the price of the entire generator set.
Diesel engines are divided into imported brands and domestic brands. Common brands used on generator sets include Cummins, Perkins, Benz, Mitsubishi, Daewoo, and Deutz. They, together with generators, controllers, and cooling systems, constitute the entire generator set. Domestic brands include Shangchai, Yuchai, Jichai, Shangyan, Wudong, Kangwo, etc. According to the experience of China Energy Corporation in selling generators for many years, Cummins generator unit is one of the units with high cost performance among the imported brands.
Working performance of diesel engine:
1. Heat energy, which means that a certain amount of fuel must be provided and sent into the combustion chamber to be fully mixed with air to generate heat. Therefore, there must be a fuel system. It includes diesel tank, oil filter, fuel injection pump, fuel injection nozzle and other parts.
2. In order to convert the obtained heat energy into mechanical energy, it needs to be completed through the crankshaft connecting rod mechanism. This mechanism is mainly composed of cylinder block, crankcase, cylinder head, piston, piston pin, connecting rod, crankshaft, flywheel and other parts. When the fuel is ignited and burned in the combustion chamber, the expansion of the fuel gas will generate pressure on the top of the piston, which will push the piston to make linear reciprocating motion, and the crankshaft will rotate with the help of the connecting rod to drive the working machinery (load) to do work.
3. For a device to continuously convert heat energy into mechanical energy, it must also be equipped with a set of air distribution mechanism to ensure regular intake of fresh air and exhaust of waste gas after combustion. This mechanism is composed of inlet valve, exhaust valve, camshaft and driving parts.
4. In order to reduce the friction loss of the diesel engine and ensure the normal temperature of all parts, the diesel engine must have a lubrication system and a cooling system. The lubricating system shall consist of oil pump, oil filter and lubricating oil passage. The cooling system shall be composed of water pump, radiator, thermostat, fan, water jacket and other components.
5. In order to make the diesel engine start quickly, it is also necessary to configure a starting device to control the start of the diesel engine. According to different starting methods, the parts and components of the starting device are usually started by electric motor or pneumatic motor. For high-power units, compressed air is used for starting.
The above is the working performance of the diesel engine in the generator set. The customer needs frequent maintenance after purchasing the diesel generator set, especially the diesel engine of the power system. As a professional diesel generator manufacturer, we always insist on using first-class talents to build a first-class enterprise, create first-class products, create first-class services, and strive to build a first-class domestic enterprise. If you would like to get more information welcome to contact us via email@example.com.