After a long period of operation of the Cummins generator set, various components may have some problems, which may lead to failures. For the users, the maintenance of Cummins generator sets should be done to extend the service life of Cummins generator sets and reduce the repair of the generator sets.
Fault 1: Low oil pressure
During the operation of the Cummins generator set, low oil pressure will cause poor lubrication of the transmission components of the unit. If the oil circuit is blocked, the cylinder will pull, hold the cylinder, and the bearing clearance will be too large, which will directly affect the normal use of the Cummins generator set. The low pressure is related to the following reasons:
1. Lubrication system: the oil filter is dirty; the oil suction pipe is blocked; the oil pressure regulator fails.
2. Cooling system: the oil cooler is blocked; the outer gap of the radiator core is blocked.
3. Mechanical adjustment and repair; improper bearing clearance; engine needs overhaul; main bearing or connecting rod bearing is damaged.
Fault 2: Coolant does not circulate
In the operation of Cummins generator sets, there are often situations where the coolant does not circulate, including large circulations, no small circulations, or small circulations but no large circulations, resulting in a rapid increase in the cylinder temperature and an increase in the oil temperature. Sudden shutdown and other phenomena will directly affect the safe use of Cummins generator sets. The reasons are:
1. The radiator fin of Cummins generator set is blocked or damaged.
2. The water pump of the Cummins generator set is faulty. Check whether the water pump works well. If it is found that it cannot be used normally, it needs to be replaced before it can circulate normally.
3. The coolant level of the Cummins generator set is too low or does not meet the requirements. If the liquid level is too low, it can directly cause the temperature of the coolant to rise and the coolant will not circulate.
4. The thermostat of Cummins generator set is faulty. A thermostat is installed in the combustion chamber of the engine to control the temperature of the combustion chamber of the engine. The thermostat is fully opened at the specified temperature to help small circulation. If there is no thermostat, the coolant cannot maintain the circulating temperature, and a low temperature alarm may be generated.
5. Air is mixed in the cooling system of the Cummins generator set, causing the pipeline to be blocked, and the damage of the suction valve and exhaust valve on the expansion tank also directly affects the circulation.
Starlight Power has advanced testing equipment, modern production technology, professional manufacturing technology, perfect quality management system, and strong technical research and development capabilities. It can provide 3KW～2500KW various specifications of ordinary, automatic, four protection, automatic switching, low noise and mobile generator sets, high quality and low energy consumption to meet the diverse power needs of customers, and can also meet users with different voltages and different frequencies. It is required to create a parallel power supply system for multiple units. If you are interested in our product or any question on generator, welcome to send email to email@example.com.