Notice: the engine should not be started until it has been installed in a appropriate way and placed in a final position. If the engine is operated in a closed environment, make sure there is good ventilation and that the exhaust gas is discharged into the atmosphere.
1. the oil must meet the specified requirement, otherwise, the oil pressure might fall short resulting in abrasion and starting difficulty. The oil must be very clean. Sell C D/15W-40 lubricating plug.
2. Screw down the oil-draining plug.
3. open the oil cap and fill in the oil. The oil must be filtered through a dross filter when it is filled in.
4. put the engine at a level position: pull out the dipstick to examine the height of oil level. Fill the oil up to the upper limit of the dipstick, if necessary.
5. crew down oil cap.
Notice: the height of oil level must be checked out every time before starting the engine.
1. the diesel being used must comply with the regulation.
2. pay attention to the cleaness of the diesel; it had better be stored for at least 72 hours before being filled into the engine. The diesel should be filled into the tank through a build-in dross filter.
Notice: the diesel level should be checked every time before starting the engine.
1. Unloosen the fuel bolt 1 (at the fuel outlet of the fuel supply pump) for half a round. Pump with the hand pump 2 of the fuel supply pump 3 until there is diesel coming out; screw down the fuel bolt.
2. Open the deflating bolt 4 on the fuel filter 5. pump with hand pump of the fuel supply pump until there is diesel coming out; screw down the deflating bolt.
3. Open the deflating bolt 6 on the fuel injection pump 7. pump with the hand pump of the fuel supply pump until there is diesel coming out; screw down the deflating bolt.
4. Continue pumping with the hand pump and check whether there is leakage in the fuel pipe, then screw down the hand pump.
The cooling fluid is compound with softened clean water and anticorrosive agent (or anti-freezing agent)
The whole compounding process must be proceeded strictly in accordance with the regulations set by the manufacturer.
Notice: frequent water-adding and water-changing might result in the existence of the incrustation. The leakage of the cooling system should be repaired as soon as possible. Add clean soft water as much as possible and avoid changing the cooling fluid, if possible. The cooling fluid drained from the water tank can be recycled after being filtered through fabric and fine structure mesh. Fill in the cooling fluid from the water inlet of the radiator or hear the regulations of the operating fluid and auxiliary material, if there is a need to add anti-freezing agent. The liquid level of the cooling fluid level must be checked out every time before starting the engine.
Refer to the storage battery instruction.
Notice: the gas produced during charging process is quite explosive. So it is forbidden to smoke around the battery. Keep any open fire and spark away from the batter. The acid of the battery has strong corrosivity. If it is splashed in the eye or on the skin, wash them with large amount of water immediately.
The operating sequence of charging process
1. Open the sealing cover.
2. Fill into sulfuric acid from the filler port until the surface reaches the marker.
3. Fasten the sealing cover.
4. Coat the electrode of the battery with anti-corrosive grease.
5. Connect the connecting rod with the binding post, connect the anode first.
6. It is not allowed to place any metallic object on the battery
7. Check the sulfuric acid surface every day. Add distilled water if necessary.
Rotate the crankshaft a few round before starting the engine to make sure there is no rotation obstruction.
1. Put the speeder rod in the central position.
2. Connect through the power switch.
3. Turn on the starting switch until the engine is started (the maximum starting time every time is 6 second).
4. Immediately check the oil pressure after the starting. If the oil pressure is less than 100kPa, stop the engine and get rid of the failure.
5. Warm the engine up before operating at full load, check the cooling fluid circulation and whether the oil pressure is normal.
6. Check the Three Leakage condition every time after the operation of the diesel engine.
Notice: When the engine is running, it is not allowed to remove the cables which are connected to the voltage regulator and the battery anode. Differing from the DC generator, it is forbidden to go through voltage checking on the AC generator by the means of temporary earthing.
On the engine whose speed is variable, the engine speed can be increased by turning the speeder rod in the direction shown in Fig 2. screw out blocking nut 3 and loosen the locknut 4 to carry out idle speed regulation. It is not allowed to open the lead sealed cover 5. the speeder rod 1 can be pulled by pull rod coated steel wire.
The speed fine-regulating mechanism is used to the fixed-regulating mechanism is used to the fixed -speed engine.
Unloose the blocking 7, rotate knurled screw 6 to regulate the speed; turning clockwise will increase the speed, while turning counterclockwise will decrease it. Lock the nut 7 after speed regulating.
Do not try to stop the engine at full load. Decrease the speed before stopping the engine and let it run idly for another 5 to 10 minutes. When trying to stop the engine manually, press the stopping rod 8 downwards until the flywheel stops rotating or the instrument board indicates “zero”.
As for the engine whose circulating water is not added with anti-freezing fluid, in winter the cooling water must be drained off after the engine is stopped so as to prevent the engine from being damaged.
Dewatering outlet is on the oil cooler. The water inside the engine can be drained away by rotate dewateriing outlet valve. At the same time, the water-discharging bolt of the readiator (regarding the supercharging inter-cooler engine) should also be screwed out to drain away the water inside the radiator.
If the environment is above -15 ℃, the engine can be operated in a normal way. If the temperature is between -15℃ and -35℃, it should be started with the help of auxiliary device. If the altitude or the temperature is too high, the engine power should be modified. The engine is not anti-explosive, so keep it away from the inflammable explosive environment.
The ambient illumination for engine should be more than 20lux.
The Deutz engine is not suitable for underground operation.